USING SILICEA 200 FOR WOMEN SUFFERING FROM PCOS AND FORTHCOMING PIMPLES:
” KNOW THE INSIGHTS HERE “
Acne manifests itself in the form of pimples on our skin. Acne is a very common skin condition that mainly affects the hair follicles and oil glands on the skin. Numerous men and women across the globe suffer from the wrath of this unwelcome disease.
The pimples usually appear as nodules and cysts on the skin along with visible lesions. These are of varied sizes and usually painful. Treatment for severe acne involves the use of antibiotics and cosmetic operations. As a result, the individual suffering from it is at risk of permanent scarring and skin discoloration.
Only 20% of people around the world, the majority of which are women, report getting acne even in their adulthood. The reasons behind post-adolescent acne are no different than that in the case of adolescent acne, namely:
- Excessive production of sebum
- Clogged pores with cellular debris
- Bacterial infection
- Inflammation of skin
This can be due to external factors like skin’s exposure to dust, dirt, chemicals used in various hair and skin care products, or an improper diet.
The situation gets alarming when acne in adults is accompanied by other symptoms like excessive growth in facial and body hair, rapid weight gain or loss, hair loss, irregular periods, absence of periods, and disturbances in the menstrual cycle.
All these symptoms are red flags of Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome or PCOS. It is a disorder of the female reproductive system caused by the imbalance in the levels of two hormones, namely, estrogen and progesterone. These hormones play a crucial role in maintaining a woman’s reproductive health.
Homeopathic medicines are preferred by many women looking for alternative medication to address the symptoms of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome.
Silicea 200 is one of such homeopathic medicines which is beneficial in the treatment of a lot of symptoms of PCOS, especially acne. Homeopathy is the most sought-after form of alternative medication because the medicines are safe and natural with no side effects. Homeopathy is aimed at ensuring the overall wellbeing of the person instead of curing only the symptoms.
EVERYTHING THERE IS TO KNOW ABOUT SILICEA
Silicea or Silicea Terra is naturally sourced from a mineral or chemical compound found in Earth’s crust called Silicon dioxide. It is an oxide of non-metal, silicon. Silicon dioxide is abundantly found in nature in the form of flintstone or quartz.
It is also commonly found inside the bodies of a wide range of living organisms. As a matter of course, silicon dioxide has extensive use in numerous industries including the food and drug industry for the manufacture of a multitude of products.
Quartz constitutes about 10% of the earth’s crust as it is the only polymorphic complex derived from Silica that can remain stable at the earth’s crust. Volcanic rocks like Cristobalite and tridymite are also rich in silica. Sand which is white like the one seen on beaches has a high content of silica in it.
Silicon dioxide or Silica(SiO2) is one of the most abundant minerals on earth. It is present in beach sand, glass, granite, and silicone. In crystalline form, quartz remains the most commonly found rock in which silica is found in abundance.
Silicon dioxide is also found to be naturally occurring in several living organisms and plants like frustules or shells, all types of dicotyledons and grasses, and sponges. Silica also naturally occurs inside the human body.
In the medicinal practice of homeopathy, Silicea or Silicea 200 is the generic name given to the medicine manufactured using Silicea Terra, commonly known as Silicon dioxide or Silica. The homeopathic medicine Silicea 200 is very versatile as it is used in the treatment of a lot of ailments, including but not limited to a few of the symptoms of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome or PCOS.
CENTRAL ROLE OF SILICEA IN A LIVING BODY
Silicea or silicon dioxide is intrinsically produced by the bodies of almost all living beings. The main reason is that Silicea is necessary for the production of collagen in the body. Collagen is the term given collectively to 28 or more types of glycoproteins that form elongated fibers which are usually found in the extracellular matrices of connective tissues. Collagens essential to the living body are of five types as listed below:
- TYPE I: Organic parts of bone, organs, skin, vasculature, and tendon
- TYPE II: The main collagenous components found in cartilages
- TYPE III: Reticular fibers in conjunction with type I
- TYPE IV: Basal lamina or basal membrane formed by epithelial secretion
- TYPE V: Surfaces of cells, placenta, and hair
Therefore Silicea has note-worthy importance in the nutrition of animals. It is indispensable in the living body in terms of strength, active cell division important for growth and management, and repair of various connective tissues.
Silicea 200 or Silicea is one of the twelve most significant tissue remedies enlisted in the homeopathic pharmacopeia. It is made from benign forms of silicon dioxides and is routinely prescribed by homeopaths for the treatment of a wide range of medical issues.
USES AND KEY BENEFITS OF SILICEA 200
Silicea is one of the twelve salts derived from various elements that necessarily carry out the vital functions in the bodies of human beings. Silicea’s sphere of action is huge and covers ailments from head to toe of an individual. The Silicea 200 homeopathy uses and benefits are briefly mentioned below:
- Silicea is beneficial in the treatment of PCOS and PCOD in women by aiding in the restoration of balance between the hormones called progesterone and estrogen in women.
- Silicea 200 helps cure gastrointestinal problems like indigestion, abdominal distention, heartburn, diarrhea, severe flatulence, abdominal cramps, irritable bowel syndrome, hypogastric spasm, and constipation.
- It relieves conditions regarding the nasal passage like epistaxis, allergic rhinitis, sinusitis, etc.
- Silicea can be used to treat ear ailments like Otorrhea, Meniere’s disease, and Tinnitus.
- It is used in the treatment of ailments caused due to nutritional deficiencies. It eradicates problems related to bone and teething in children. Silicea helps to develop immunity and vitality in them.
- Silicea helps to combat the lack of concentration and restores brain efficiency.
- Silicea 200 cures problems related to bones and reduces the risks of ailments like osteoporosis and arthritis.
- It is beneficial in case of spasms and headaches.
- It aids in the treatment of epilepsy and Alzheimer’s disease.
- Silicea 200 helps in the expulsion of foreign bodies entering the body like splinters and also prevents forthcoming infections.
- Silicea 200 helps cure problems of the rectum like difficulty in passing stools.
- Tonsils, quinsy, and chronic pharyngitis can be relieved using Silicea 200.
- It helps relieve acute back pain.
- Silicea 200 is useful in the treatment of skin problems like acne, cracks, itchy skin, and dryness. It is a homeopathic remedy for tissues.
- It is useful in the case of brittle nails.
- Silicea helps relieve sleep problems like insomnia and sleepwalking.
USES AND KEY BENEFITS OF SILICEA 200
In general, the dosage of homeopathic medication differs from person to person. It depends upon multiple factors such as the age of the individual, the individual’s family history with the disease, and most importantly the stage of the given condition affecting the individual.
Silicea is available in potencies of 3x, 6x, 12x, and 200x as per the X-scale and should be used according to the administration prescribed by the homeopathic physician.
Higher potencies of Silicea are supposed to terminate the process of inflammation while lower potencies are supposed to help in the formation of pus in eruptions which are still raw when talking in terms of skin problems like the emergence of pimples.
The effects of Silicea 200 prevail for around 4 days to 60 days approximately, mainly depending upon the potency in which it is taken. It is specifically recommended as a tissue remedy.
USES AND KEY BENEFITS OF SILICEA 200
Silicea 200 is manufactured using 100% natural formulation and therefore has no reported side effects. That being said, the Food and Drug Association has not evaluated this homeopathic medicine and therefore no sustainable inferences have been presented by it regarding Silicea’s safety as well as its efficacy.
SAFETY HAZARDS RELATED TO USE OF SILICEA 200
The common safety hazards and warnings that come with the use of Silicea 200 are:
- Individuals should ensure that they aren’t allergic to the active ingredient i.e Silicea or any of the inactive ingredients, namely Lactose monohydrate or milk extracts, stearate of magnesium, sodium carboxymethylcellulose, and xylitol before starting with the medication.
- Use of Silicea 200 should be stopped in case symptoms seem to persist or worsen.
- In the case of pregnant or lactating women, a healthcare specialist should be consulted before using Silicea 200 in any form.
- Children are not supposed to use it and hence Silicea 200 should be kept out of their reach.
- In case of overdose, the Poison control center should be contacted immediately. If it is not possible make sure to get in contact with a doctor as soon as possible.
- Individuals who have implants inside their bodies like stains and pacemakers should avoid using Silicea since it tends to expel foreign objects from the body.
- The maximum shelf life of Silicea 200 is about 120 days.
Additionally, it is to be kept in mind that homeopathic medicines react with metals. So while taking the Silicea 200, make sure to use utensils made of glass, plastic, or any material other than metal.
PRICE RANGE OF SILICEA 200
ALTERNATIVE METHOD TO INCREASE AMOUNT SILICEA IN BODY
People who intend to avoid taking Silicea 200 or any other medicine and instead aim at boosting the rate at which Silicea or Silica is naturally produced in their bodies should start incorporating certain foods in their diet. The foods which aid Silicea production in the body are:
- Bananas – 1 banana (medium-sized) = 4.7 mg of Silicea
- Green leafy vegetables – 2 tablespoons = 4.1 mg of Silicea
- Brown rice – 3 tablespoons = 4.5 mg of Silicea
- Lentils – 1 tablespoons = 1.7 mg of Silicea
- Cereals like oats – 2 tablespoons = 3.3 mg of Silicea
- Green Beans – 1 cup = 7 mg of Silicea
- Beer (from lagers) – More than the above-mentioned foods
INDICATORS FOR PRESCRIPTION OF SILICEA
Homeopathy presents a holistic approach to treating an individual from head to toe and aims at getting rid of the root cause of the ailment. Therefore there is a wholesome list of symptoms, behavioral red flags, and notable attributes of the individual’s disposition which is taken into consideration before prescribing any homeopathic medicine to the person. It is no different in the case of Silicea 200. The following are some indicators that the homeopath should take into consideration before prescribing Silicea 200 to an individual:
- Fatigue caused due to overwork
- Foul-smelling feet
- Chronic discharges
- Muscular weakness due to frail body composition
- Inability to digest and assimilate food properly
- Excessive perspiration
- Lack of concentration and alertness
- Getting chills frequently due to loss in body heat
- Prone to suffering from cold, cough, and fever
- Ear infections
- Inflamed eyelids
- Chronic constipation
- One-sided headaches
- Unhealthy, acne-prone skin with a tendency to form abscesses and lesions
- Cracks on palms and soles of feet with disintegrating and shedding skin.
- Excessive itching sensation
- Loss of hair and dandruff
- Abnormalities in the menstrual cycle
- Bone troubles like joint pains, easy fractures, and dislocation of bones
- Irritability and nervousness
POLYCYSTIC OVARY SYNDROME AND ROLE OF SILICEA 200 TO TREAT ITS SYMPTOMS
One of the leading manifestations of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome or PCOS is the appearance of pimples at different parts of the body like the face, back, arms, shoulders, etc, commonly known as acne.
Acne is a sign of hormonal imbalance. When it is accompanied by other symptoms like increased growth in facial and body hair, hair fall, and marked abnormalities in the woman’s menstrual cycle, the implications are that she is suffering from PCOS.
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome has no permanent cure yet but the symptoms can be managed with the inclusion of some salubrious habits into the everyday routine of the individual suffering from this common ailment. Polycystic ovary Syndrome can induce the following conditions in women causing a lot of distress:
- prolapse of the uterus
- Vaginal cysts
- Menstrual abnormalities like metrorrhagia, leucorrhoea, amenorrhoea along with pruritus vulva
- Irregularity in the menstrual cycle
- Premenstrual syndrome or PMS causing headaches
- Burning sensation in private parts
- Abdominal pain along with toothache during menses
- Anxiety and weariness
- Chronic constipation
- Breast inflammation, induration, and suppuration. Cracks and ulcers might be visible on nipples.
Homeopathy claims that hormonal imbalances can be efficiently and effectively treated with Silicea 200. It is not only effective in the case of acne but also in the treatment of menstrual issues like amenorrhea, irregularity in periods as well as unsound metabolism condition.
According to several reports by psychologists all over the world, people suffering from severe acne have higher chances of suffering from depression. This is because the effects of acne go beyond just the appearance of the individual.
It also affects the person’s emotional health due to the gradual lowering of their confidence and self-esteem that is in some way or the other related to people’s negative perception of their appearance and the social unacceptability that comes with it. Therefore, the urgency to seek acne treatments should not be ignored.
OTHER MEDICATIONS AND THAT HELP IN CURING ACNE
Homeopathy, as mentioned earlier, aims at treating the overall medical condition of the individual and not specific symptoms. If the acne is caused by PCOS, then the only way to cure it is by restoring the balance between the two female reproductive hormones in the woman’s body.
A medical practitioner may prescribe the following treatments as an alternative to Silicea 200 which may be temporarily effective in the treatment of acne:
- Oral contraceptives or birth control pills
- Anti-androgen medicines
- Oral antibiotics like tetracycline, minocycline azithromycin, and doxycycline
- Antibacterial cleansers
- Over the counter remedies containing ingredients like Benzoyl peroxide, Resorcinol, Salicylic acid, Sulphur, Retin A, and Azelaic acid
- Corticosteroid injection like triamcinolone
- Laser therapy
- Chemical peeling
- Cosmetic operations which drain and extract the cysts
It is scientifically proven that the non-crystalline Silica that we consume and the one that is naturally found in our bodies are not harmful as they are not allowed to get deposited inside our bodies. Instead, they are expelled out by the action of the kidneys. That being said, inhalation of the crystalline grade of silica can prove to be fatal due to its high toxicity.
Silicea 200 is a homeopathic medicine made by extreme dilution of naturally sourced silica or oxides of silicon. Therefore it is completely safe to use and has no side effects.
Self-medication is never recommended, not even in the case of homeopathic medicines which are considered to be one of the safest and oldest in the world. Although Silicea 200 is proven to be effective in treating pimples that occur due to PCOS in women, a homeopath’s consultation is compulsory before setting out to use it as a treatment for any disease or medical condition.