Using Pulsatilla for periods Is it the right call?
Know A to Z about pulsatilla here.
An introduction to Pulsatilla
Never heard of it? Pulsatilla is a pasque plant which when dried can serve several medicinal purposes. This herb is the perfect solution to problems relating to male and female reproductive parts, nerve problems, digestive tract problems, and many skin diseases.
Pulsatilla medicine is enriched with the goodness of the plant. How does it work? It is enriched with chemicals that can kill both pain and bacteria.
Why is it important to use pulsatilla medicines and not the plant itself? Well, however beneficial the plant may be, using raw plant is unsafe when taken by mouth and or applied directly to the skin. It is a serious irritant and can cause allergic reactions.
Pulsatilla medicine’s dosage is entirely dependent on the age, gender, health and so many more things. The medicine comes in different variants. Pulsatilla nigricans, Pulsatilla 30 and Pulsatilla 200 are few of the most frequently indicated homeopathic medicines.
While we may give you a little insight into the medicinal world, let us not forget to consult a medical expert before consuming the medicines.
Uses of Pulsatilla tablet
Pulsatilla medication is used in various medical conditions, the type however may differ. For example, Pulsatilla nigricans is the most frequently used homeopathic medicine for acute and chronic ear infections as well as conjunctivitis.
Agaricus muscarius 200 and Pulsatilla 200, are two other most-often prescribed remedies in High Altitude Pathophysiology. Pascofemin Tablets are prescribed to relieve symptoms of menopause such as hot flashes, and hormonal disturbances.
However, pulsatilla tablets can be used in many ways.
- To treat ear infection
- To treat any type of hormonal imbalance. It is a natural PCOS treatment.
- It is also a solution to Leucorrhoea or abnormal vaginal discharge.
- It can be consumed in PMS (premenstrual syndrome) to deal with irritability, weeping spells, and mood swings etc.
- It helps in dealing with painful periods.
- Ailments during pregnancy like morning sickness,varicose veins can be dealt with using this.
- It is helpful in gastrointestinal problems like diarrhea, vomiting, milk allergies etc.
- It is helpful in treating numerous eye complaints. Conjunctivitis is one such case among many.
- It is an excellent remedy for ear infections.
- Nasal complaints can also be cured with its consumption.
- It is a resolver of your sleep issues.
- Urinary complaints can be rectified with it.
- In males, it can resolve issues like orchitis, varicocele, hydrocele, and prostatitis. It also helps in reducing pain, soreness, swelling, and burning sensation in the testicles.
Uses of Pulsatilla tablet
If money is what concerns you, then there’s honestly nothing to be concerned about. Pulsatilla medicines and particularly tablets and drops are absolutely affordable. Given that they come in different variants, the price fluctuates accordingly. Available on various websites, these medicines do not exceed the price cap of Rs. 250 – 300 in India.
To avail, all the benefits above at such reasonable prices is an own wonder in its way.
The Dosage for Pulsatilla.
The dosage depends on a lot of factors. Medication is a way more complex concept than it seems. Therefore, never take the liberty of deciding the dosage for yourself. This is where doctors come in handy.
While the dosage is in accordance with the problem and various decisive factors like age, health and so more, consumption of the medicine is suggested in potencies varying from 30 C to 1M depending upon the case.
Low potencies can be frequently repeated while the same cannot be done in the case of high potencies.
Correlating PCOS with Pulsatillia - Let’s learn more about PCOS.
What is PCOS?
Known as Polycystic ovarian syndrome, PCOS, or as previously known as PCOD (polycystic ovarian disorder), this condition in women wherein hormonal disorder causes enlarged ovaries to have small cysts on the outer edges. Surveys show that about 27 percent of the women who have entered the menstrual phase suffer from this syndrome.
How does it cause hormonal disorder?
Pcos disturbs the production of female hormones – estrogen and progesterone, that regulate the menstrual cycle. PCOS leads to the formation of androgens (male hormones) which disturbs the hormonal balance in the female body.
This mainly affects the menstrual cycle in them along with the onset of male characteristics like facial and body hair and baldness.
What are the main features of PCOS?
- It leads to irregular periods
- It includes the production of male hormones in the female body
- Development of cysts in the ovaries
What are the causes of PCOS?
The cause of PCOS cannot be exactly deciphered. What causes the onset of this condition in the female body remains a mystery. However, a few guesses by the medical experts make great sense.
The medical intelligence gave the given things as reasons causing PCOS in females.
- Genes: Women with a family history of PCOS are likely to themselves become a victim to it.
- Inflammation: Factors such as obesity and unhealthy life do contribute to the cause of PCOS.
- Insulin resistance: Insulin is responsible for utilizing sugar from foods to produce energy. When this hormone can’t use the insulin properly, it leads to overproduction of insulin in the body which triggers the ovaries to produce male hormones. This furthermore leads to obesity.
Symptoms of PCOS
Symptoms might vary in women. However, the studies have proven the following to be the most common among all.
- Irregular periods: The gap between each menstrual cycle crosses the normal range of 21 to 35 days.
- Heavy bleeding: Periods are accompanied by heavy building due to thicker uterine lining built as a result of long gaps.
- Hair growth: Abnormal facial and body hair growth is the most common symptom in all women affected by PCOS..
- Acne: Hormonal imbalance leads to various skin problems of which cne is the most prominent.
- Weight gain: While PCOS may be a result of excess weight gain, it can also be a cause for obesity.
- Male pattern baldness: Hair volume decreases.
- Darkening of the skin: Sounds strange but is medically proven. PCOS may cause darkening of body creases like those on the neck or under the breasts and so on.
- Headaches: Hormonal changes never fail to trigger headaches
How can we correct it?
- Medicines based on Herbs like pulsatilla are one of many options. Keeping things as natural as one can is absolutely essential.
- Birth control pills can be used to regularise periods. If not allopathy, one can always go for either ayurvedic treatment or homeopathic treatment.
- Personal care includes daily exercise and maintaining personal hygiene, particularly during sexual intercourse.
- Surgery can also be an option to improve fertility if other treatments don’t work. Ovarian drilling is one example of it.
How does pulsatilla help with PCOS?
Pulsatilla is one of the foremost remedies that come to mind while dealing with the female reproductive system. Doctors describe it as an ‘excellent thing for women.
When PCOS is concerned, Pulsatilla works in moderating the hormonal levels and helps the body in dissolving the cysts in order to correct menstrual irregularities.
Is Homoeopathy Actually effective for PCOS?
Homoeopathy cannot and should not be underestimated when measuring its effectiveness and dealing with PCOS. It definitely is a better option than the strong allopathic treatments and way better than surgeries.
The unnatural way of dealing with PCOS has more side effects in comparison to the benefits it offers. Surveys even indicate the recurrence rate of about 90% of cases of surgery and home treatments.
A study proved that 91 out of 132 that were retained untreated by conventional medications, were cured using Homeopathy. This was possible because the homeopathic treatment focuses on the root cause of the ailment. It simultaneously corrects the hormonal imbalance present in the body, regularizes ovulation, and helps restore menstrual normalcy.
Homeopathy treatment is subjective in nature and therefore effectively addresses and helps to treat PCOS.
All the available treatments for PCOS:
- Prescription of birth control pills to regulate hormones is the foremost treatment in allopathy for PCOS. These prevent endometrial cancer, abnormal bleeding, excess hair growth and acne.
- Progestin therapy: consuming progestin for a week or two for 10 to 14 days every month for a good period of 2-3 months can help in regulating periods.
- Metformin: This is a popular oral medication prescribed to people with type 2 diabetes to improve insulin resistance and lower insulin levels in their body. THese are a few of many medications.
- Allopathy also suggests surgery for treating PCOS.
- Ayurvedic herbs for PCOS.
- Ashwagandha is the most famous herb used to cure stress and PCOS symptoms.
- Cinnamon is helpful with insulin resistance.
- Turmeric fights inflammation and is also helpful with insulin resistance.
- Exercises for PCOS
- Yoga has been deemed to be beneficial to people with PCOS. Asanas like Reclining Butterfly Pose (Supta Baddha Konasana), Bharadvaja’s Twist (Bharadvajasana), Mill Churning Pose (Chakki Chalanasana), Corpse Pose (Shavasana) are widely popular.
- Meditation and breathing exercises are he;pful in reducing stress.
- Diet suggested by ayurveda
- Avoiding fried and oily food, artificial sugars, excess spices and salts in food are few of the many tips that ayurveda offers when it comes to diet. Eating fruits and vegetables can prove helpful in maintaining a good diet.
The popular and effective medicines for PCOS are:
- Pulsatilla medication for PCOS with late periods. Using Pulsatilla 200 for periods is one of the best options for you. Not just that, when considering Pulsatilla 30 uses, one of the best purposes it serves in curing the problems related to periods.
- Apis Mellifica medicines for PCOS with pain.
- Sepia medication for PCOS with severe pain.
Is pulsatilla safe for consumption? Safety advice.
The fresh pulsatilla plant is unsafe for consumption through the mouth or when applied to the skin.
A severe irritant, it is capable of causing allergies. Rash, inflammation, and itching are the most common reactions that take place.
Understanding the level of safety, disadvantages of the plant are not widely known. The basic facts however are reasonable enough to warn you from doing any of the things stated above.
How to consume Pulsatillia?
The appropriate dose for pulsatilla can only be decided by a medical expert. It is important to understand the prescription is subjected to various factors like the patient’s age, health and gender and several other factors.
At the present, there is not such an ideal dosage of pulsatilla for all the problems it can solve. It is essential to understand that things may cause side effects, therefore, attempting to decide a dosage for yourself based on nothing is a risk that shouldn’t be entertained.
Be sure to consult a trustworthy doctor, follow the instructions sincerely, keep patience and observe the changes in yourself. In case of any inconvenience, be smart enough to terminate the consumption and immediately consult your doctor again
Substitutes of pulsatilla 200.
Pulsatilla 200 uses cannot be the same for everyone. When seeking alternatives, experts suggest Pulsatilia 30 for periods.
A medical expert can always guide you to find the best alternative for yourself.
However, it’s worth mentioning other alternatives of the herb that can prove to be equally useful.
- Caulophyllum: A valuable remedy for irregular periods, pregnancy problems, and slow childbirth pertaining to weak muscle tone of the uterus.
- Cimicifuga Racemosa: This remedy is useful for irregular and painful periods that spread to the hips and thighs. It can help with restlessness and mental well-being in such times.
- Lycopodium: It is an amazing medicine for delayed periods. It also helps with bloating of the abdomen and helps regain confidence.
- Murex Purpurea: This remedy works amazingly in irregular periods that consist of the discharge of large clots during bleeding. It helps in dealing with weakness thus caused and the pain in the pelvis.
- Secale cornutum: This particular option is the perfect remedy for irregular periods in abnormally thin and shrill women. It proves helpful in reducing go mishappenings during the pregnancy.
Again, these are a few of the several alternatives that exist. For the best guidance, get yourself a trusted medical expert.
Reviews for pulsatilla.
On average, the effectiveness, ease of use, and satisfaction has been rated 4.5/5 in maximum cases. In some, people have reported allergic reactions. This emphasizes the need to consult a professional and understand what’s suitable for your body.
It is advisable to stop using the product immediately in case you are experiencing any discomfort. Consult your doctor again and find yourself a suitable substitute.
FAQs for PCOS and pulsatilla.
Of course, they are. Available on various sites, medicines are just a search away.
Absolutely, the plant is toxic in its raw state. Using it raw may have severe consequences.
There is no idea dose. What you need for your problems can only be deciphered by a practicing medical professional. The concept of dosage is a little complicated and definitely out of the hands of non-medical people
Pulsatilla medicine is not the most natural way to do so but there aren’t any other means by which you can consume it. It definitely is way more natural than most of the medicines involving allopathic prescriptions, for example birth control pills, etc.
Yes, with the correct lifestyle and medication, one can always resolve it. In certain cases, however, if not curable, the condition can be controlled.
It is a natural way of dealing with problems. Homeopathy eradicates the root cause of the problem. It however demands sincerity and a lot of patience.
You see all your problems that hinder your pregnancy, be it PCOS or any other matter, all can be cured with pulsatilla. We can therefore claim that pulsatilla is helpful in getting pregnant.
The prices of various variants do not cross the mark of Rs. 250-300 in general. This is the situation in India.
No, given that it is an unnatural means and may have severe side effects on the body, it is advised to prevent it until extremely necessary.
No, it is a toxic plant and should not be grown in homes at any cost. Direct contact with it can cause an allergic reaction. To grow it at home would be idiocy.