NATRUM MUR FOR SUPPRESSED AND IRREGULAR PERIODS IN WOMEN WITH PCOS
” KNOW A TO Z ABOUT THIS HOMEOPATHIC MIRACLE HERE “
Someone with PCOS would have already heard their every near and dear one telling them tips and tricks to deal with it, without asking for it. It must be super exhausting but do not worry this is a compiled version of all you have heard and much more along with researched facts so one could make an informed choice.
When we talk about PCOS, one medicine that came our way was Natrum Mur which comes in several dilution levels like natrum mur 6x, natrum mur 200, natrum mur 30, etc. It is a homeopathic medicine made by processing sodium chloride or salt. It is known to work slowly but steadily and might leave a long-lasting positive impact on your body.
Natrum Mur benefits are fortunately too many to cover and the most common ones are listed below:
- It is known to re-energize your body in case you feel exhausted more than usual.
- It provides relief from vomiting or nausea.
- Known to help with pains in the pelvic region caused during pregnancy, inconsistent periods, or normal periods.
- Keep the pulse rate in check.
- It helps with headaches caused due to sinus or congestion in the respiratory system.
- It helps with conditions like constipation by helping with inflammation and swelling in the rectum region and results in smoother bowel movement.
- Known to help with anemia.
- It is good for hemoglobin and could be taken by anyone suffering from low levels of hemoglobin.
Any kind of digestive disorder (like loss of appetite) or inflammation could be taken care of by natrum Mur.
- Is helpful against the skin and scalp-related issues.
- It is also known to deal with edema in several regions of the body.
The list delivers an overview of this medicine and it is known to deal with several common issues from head to toe that is of varied nature. Hence, it would be safe to say that Natrum Mur’s uses do exceed expectations.
HEALTH IS WEALTH
We have all heard the classic, “Health is wealth” dialogue when someone is trying to make you feel better about spending a fortune on medication bills or treatment. Even though the saying is not completely incorrect, health could go hand in hand with wealth if we talk about Natrum Mur.
- The medicine is reasonable enough, to not be heavy on your pocket.
- Since it is made from natural materials, it already is a cost-efficient option.
- Several companies manufacture the medicine and it is available in liquid as well as solid form.
Natrum mur dosage would solely be a decision made by your doctor. Please refrain from self-medication or trying and testing because the same apple which gives you benefits could kill you with cyanide. So, sticking to the prescription is key, always.
Even extra happiness is bad for you (also, called mania), this is just medication and you would not want to go overboard here.
ALL ABOUT PCOS
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome or PCOS is a condition from which, about 10% of women of reproductive age suffer. In this condition, the ovaries enlarge and have sacs filled with liquid also known as cysts. It leads to several health issues further and raises a concern of infertility if not taken care of in time.
In PCOS women face hormonal imbalance. Ovaries start generating more male sex hormones than female sex hormones which act as a barrier in the normal release of eggs from the ovary hence adding up to other related issues.
CAUSES OF PCOS
- If we talk about the condition as a whole, there is nothing concrete that would cause PCOS or would act as a foundation for the condition.
- However, there are certain common reasons like genetics.
- Genes are a cause of many different conditions and diseases including PCOS. You are at a higher risk if a family member is suffering from it.
- Obesity is known to branch out from other issues and one of them might be PCOS. Abnormal weight gains are linked with issues leading to PCOS and even elevating symptoms.
- Speaking about steps in PCOS and what causes cysts; an increase in insulin levels results in more secretions of the male sex hormone (androgen).
- Later, male sex hormone becomes the cause of other problems.
SYMPTOMS OF PCOS
PCOS symptoms are more or less like normal changes caused due to puberty and hormonal shift and some symptoms might go unnoticed but it is advisable to consult a doctor if you feel any change in your body.
- Not-so-periodic periods – One of the major symptoms in PCOS is fluctuations in periods. Irregular periods or no menstruation at all might point towards PCOS. Scanty periods, watery periods, heavy flow, or extremely painful cramps are not normal and you might want to get checked.
- Obesity plays a role – Weight gain or obesity is a symptom of PCOS and acts as a catalyst in worsening your other symptoms. Being overweight could aggravate your problems.
- Acne – Hormonal imbalance disturbs a lot inside your body leading to acne and even cystic acne that could last for a long time if not treated in time.
- Unwanted Hair – An increase in male sex hormones results in the growth of facial hair and body hair more than usual.
- Thinning of scalp hair – Males are known for their pattern baldness after a certain age and an increase in androgen might make your scalp hair super scanty.
- Depression – Symptoms are not limited to physiological aspects; you might experience psychological symptoms too. Depression and anxiety are the two most common psychological issues people face.
- Inability to conceive – Becoming pregnant might become an issue with PCOS as it directly messes up your reproductive organs.
PCOS LEADING TO OTHER ISSUES
PCOS does make your body more prone to several other serious ailments. Since every organ is linked, similarly, an issue in one part of your body might grow as another disease altogether.
- Diabetes – As mentioned, there is an increase in insulin levels which directly means that the body becomes more prone to diabetes.
- Issues related to Metabolism – The abdomen region is not far from the ovarian region and PCOS cause considerable issues with your metabolism.
- Cholesterol – In case you have not noticed, there is a pattern here. Diabetes, cholesterol, and metabolism are all like different episodes of the same season; linked.
- Cancer – PCOS does put you at a higher risk of developing uterus cancer, breast cancer, and endometrial cancer. Cancer comes with its own set of problems, which is why treating PCOS becomes important.
Self-diagnosis is not advisable especially for such a versatile condition. You should see a doctor at the earliest if you see symptoms flaring up. Preparing a list of symptoms or questions related to the condition would help the doctor get things out of the way, one by one.
A series of blood tests, an ultrasound, and an examination of the pelvic region by the doctor are the most used methods of diagnosis for PCOD. There is no sure short way of diagnosing PCOS but these three ways could evaluate your body on the inside as well as outside along with your blood to rule it out or diagnose it.
TREATMENT OF PCOS
Treatment of PCOS has no single path. It is different for different people. A medicine might work for most people but it might do nothing for you or negatively affect you, so, a medical professional would be the best person to use his/her knowledge of medicine and your body to prescribe the most suitable medicines or treatments.
Treatment for PCOS could broadly be divided into two sub-categories:
- Exercise – Any form of exercise regulates blood circulation and could overall help with your health.
- Weight Loss – Weight loss or being fit has proved to help out with all PCOS symptoms and is known to have decreased the dangers too.
- Healthy Diet – Maintaining a healthy diet would in turn keep the vitals and weight in check.
- Medicines to regulate your periods – Birth control pills or progestin pills help with the menstrual cycle.
- Medication for ovulation – Different medicines are aiming at ovaries producing eggs by following different methods. Some examples of ovulation medication are clomiphene, letrozole, etc.
- Medication for excess hair growth – Medication related to hair growth aims at keeping the male sex hormones in check as a blockage for excess hair growth. Examples – Spironolactone, eflornithine, etc.
There are several medicines in homeopathy from Lachesis to Natrum Mur 200 that have proved magical while dealing with PCOS symptoms and other related issues.
- Graphites – The best choice for PCOS with constipation.
- Sepia – The best choice for PCOS with back and abdomen pains.
- Apis Mellifica – The best choice for PCOS with stinging pains in the ovarian region.
- Lachesis – The best choice for PCOS with intolerance towards tight clothes.
- Pulsatilla – The best choice for young girls with PCOS.
- Natrum Mur – Best for PCOS with irregular periods.
NATRUM MUR AND PERIODS
The medication aims at regulating periods and helps with suppressed or irregular periods. As mentioned, irregular periods are one of the core problems, and in most cases, the medicine’s ability to grant relief from that is an achievement in itself. However, correcting menstrual cycles is not an overnight job and requires patience to work on the body to regulate the cycle.
By helping with the menstrual cycle, directly helps in pregnancy and might increase your chances of getting pregnant/ conceiving a child. A person with PCOS who desires to have kids is under constant stress. The medicine does work on the aspects of pregnancy and works wonders for someone struggling to have a kid.
It works well with pain and inflammation of all kinds including the ones in the ovarian region due to any reason. By doing that, it eases the flow of periods and bowel movement. Painful period cramps could be avoided by using this medication and other related problems too.
Homeopathic remedies are considered a safer option than their other counterparts because the risks involved are negligible. The side effects might be mild (if any at all) but do not have any severe impacts on the body.
It might take a while to deal with the issue but it is known to have a long-lasting positive effect on your body. Apart from that, homeopathic medicines are cost-effective and chemical-free, mostly made from natural and organic substances.
Homeopathic medication could give a window for pregnancy. Most PCOS medication causes birth defects but in the case of homeopathy, you might find an option that would not become an obstacle in case you are a potential parent.
“Homeopathic medication has no side effects.” Is a myth. For most people, a homeopathic medicine might not lead to a noticeable or severe side-effect but there is always a possibility of some sort of mishap because bodies are different and immune systems are even more different so how they would collectively react to medication would come as a surprise.
Just like other homeopathic medicines, Natrum mur 30, Natrum Mur 6x, Natrum mur 200, and other dilutions available, might have mild symptoms. Mild symptoms might range from allergic reactions (Rash) to hot flashes or craving salt in food.
The doctor would be the best person to answer this for you, different dilutions are just meant for different bodies. Whether Natrum mur 200 would suit you or natrum mur 6x would be better is a question for a medical professional.
TIPS TO HELP YOU THROUGH THE WAY
- If a medicine makes your symptoms or condition worse, you should rush to a doctor.
- Always mention any substance or food intolerance or existing allergies so the doctor could keep that in mind while writing a prescription.
- Medicine might lose its true potential if stored in an irregular range of temperatures. Hence, store it at an optimal temperature.
- Do not skip or discontinue medication without consulting the doctor first.
- PCOS medication is not always pregnancy-friendly, hence, if a kid is in your plans, consider all your angles before following it through.
- Along with regular medication, consider regular check-ups too.
- For any doubt, major or minor, consult a doctor.
PRECAUTIONS WITH MEDICATION
The importance of a prescription and the dosage could not be stressed enough. However, outside of consuming the medication, there are certain things you might want to check
- Always check the seal and manufacturing/expiry date before buying a medicine.
- Keep it at a place that is inaccessible to children as they might not know best.
- Follow the medicine timetable diligently.
SUBSTITUTES OF NATRUM MUR
A medicine named ‘Ignatia’ is known to be extremely similar to Natrum mur. Ignatia is more suitable for superficial aspects of diseases.
Another such medicine is ‘Lilium tig.’ It does make the patient hysterical in behavior though.
‘Pulsatilla’ could also be a good alternative, the difference is in the emotional response post medication. A person consuming Pulsatilla would become more expressive.
PCOS is not as scary as it seems, people with half knowledge about it have made it a big deal. The key is to break down every step in the condition into tiny bits and pieces and deal with one at a time.
Every symptom/ issue can be dealt with in multiple ways. You just need to consult a doctor to know what is best for you and specifically you.