USING APIS MELLIFICA FOR PCOD WITH PRICKING PAIN
KNOW ALL ABOUT THIS HOMEOPATHIC MEDICATION HERE
PCOD is one of the most common conditions women suffer from. It cannot be completely cured but it can be treated enough to not disrupt your life and plans. This article is an attempt to help you find a way to peacefully coexist with PCOD by using a homeopathic medicine; Apis mellifica.
Apis mellifica is a homeopathic medicine made from a honeybee. In an FDA-regulated homeopathic pharmacy, a bee is crushed, added to alcohol several times to dilute it to null the effect of the present venom. After dilution, we are left with the part that heals and cures.
The medicine is available in different dilutions and we will navigate two of them; Apis mellifica 20 and Apis mellifica 300. We would also talk about PCOD and provide you with must-knows about this condition.
So, in case PCOD is something that you see as a problem, we might have a solution for you. Sit back and read.
HOMEOPATHY AND WOMEN’S HEALTH
Apis mellifica is used for minor burns, swelling, and pains. Apis mellifica 30 uses and Apis mellifica 200 uses both include helping with swelling on the outside as well as the inner lining of certain organs.
- It is known to help to treat kidney inflammation and skin allergies.
- It is an excellent medicine for bee stings or insect bites.
- Helps with puffiness in the skin caused due to any reason. Especially the eye region. If eyes are shut due to swelling Apis mellifica is best suited. Hence, it is used during conjunctivitis.
- Sore throats, tonsils, or swollen uvula are also some issues single-handedly taken care of by this medicine alone.
- As mentioned above, Apis mellifica, be it Apis mellifica 30 or apis mellifica 200, is magical when dealing with pains even related to PCOD or menopause or menstrual cramps, basically the ovarian region in females.
- An infection in the urinary tract would also disappear after intake of Apis mellifica.
ALL GOOD THINGS ARE NON-POCKET-FRIENDLY?
Apis Mellifica sounds so far so good as medicine but this is pocket-friendly. You can find apis mellifica 30 or apis mellifica 200 in several known homeopathy brands like SBL, Boiron, Dr. Reckeweg, and others. It is available in both liquid and pellet form. It is extremely reasonable and would not feel like a heavy spend at all. The versatility of this medicine is far beyond its cost.
CAN YOU BINGE ON MEDICATION?
The difference between your favorite food/drink and medication is prescribed. You might ignore the calorie intake on a chocolate bar but please do not avoid a doctor’s prescription.
There is an advised dosage suiting your age, sex, medical history, and several other factors which might be unknown to you.
LET US DIG DEEPER ABOUT PCOD
PCOD or Polycystic ovarian disease is a common system disorder among women of reproductive age in which the levels of sex hormones (estrogen and progesterone) are imbalanced.
This might lead to enlarged ovaries that contain fluid forming ovarian cysts called follicles which can be located in both ovaries. It can cause issues with the menstrual cycle as well as fertility.
CAUSES OF PCOD
Even though medical researchers have not been able to pinpoint a common cause, they have listed the most likable causes in existing cases:
- Genes have been highlighted for PCOD too. Having a mother or sister or anyone biologically related who is suffering from this condition does elevate your chances of having it.
- Unhealthy eating habits lead to obesity and that in itself is an invitation to many health issues. Being obese or overweight could also increase your chances of PCOD rather than someone who is of average weight.
- In scientific terms or in an overview of what happens in your body, your sex hormones are imbalanced. Ovaries start producing more androgens (male sex hormones) which stops your ovulation and leads to other issues.
- Excess insulin may cause high androgen levels which is the core issue mentioned above.
SYMPTOMS / HOW PCOD LOOKS
If you have PCOD following symptoms might be visible:
- Irregularity and inconsistency in periods – The menstrual cycle gets completely disturbed and it might delay for a few days or might not occur at all. If they do occur, they might be heavier and more painful than normal periods.
- Excess hair growth – The increase of male hormone secreted by the ovaries does cause issues on the inside but it does not limit itself there. On the outside, you would notice more than average hair growth on your body and face.
- Skin-related issues – Skin might become rough and acne is common on the face, shoulders, and back due to an imbalance in the hormones. At times there is even discoloration on the skin.
- Weight gain – There is a tendency to gain weight near the abdomen region also known as central obesity.
- Inability to conceive – Many women have trouble getting pregnant due to PCOD or have issues during their pregnancy if they are suffering from PCOD while pregnant.
OTHER COMPLICATIONS OF PCOD
Those suffering from PCOD are at a higher risk to develop other ailments.
- Type 2 diabetes
- Raised cholesterol levels
- Metabolic syndrome
- Depression or/and anxiety
PCOD is a condition that might be the first tile in a domino of health issues and you would want to limit it to an extent where it does not continue to harm you.
It surely is related to your ovarian region but it reaches far beyond that by manifesting other serious health issues. This is why this article is an attempt to tell you that you are not alone. Around 10% of women of reproductive age suffer from this condition.
The symptoms, however, might go unnoticed for a while as they seem another face of puberty. Someone can have acne around periods and not suffer from PCOD. Someone can notice more hair growth and not suffer from PCOD but you would not want to find things out when health is involved and, on that note, let us talk about diagnosis.
DO I HAVE PCOD?
We strongly suggest you go see a doctor for this one but we can prepare you for what all is going to come your way the moment you step into a clinic.
- Before you visit, it is recommended to list all your symptoms or issues that you are facing and your doubts about the same so it is easier for the doctor to evaluate.
- The doctor would first discuss your medical history, your family history, weight changes, periods, and other related things to rule out other reasons that might be showing symptoms similar to PCOD.
- A pelvic exam, another recommendation, is a visual and manual inspection of your reproductive organs for any abnormalities.
- Blood tests are like a key to every lock so in this case too, you would be expected to get pricked. Blood tests are meant to assess your hormonal levels and you might have multiple blood tests for glucose and cholesterol-related doubts.
- An ultrasound is conducted to check the appearance of all your reproductive organs. A stick-like device is placed in your vagina to conduct a transvaginal ultrasound.
TREATMENTS OF PCOD
Treatment of PCOD has about four focus points and doctors aim to reduce symptoms and issues as PCOD is more a clustered problem than a sole issue. The focus points are as follows:
- Lowering of blood glucose level
- Restoration of fertility
- Treatment of acne
- Restoration of regular menstruation, and prevent endometrial cancer.
1 Lifestyle changes :
As mentioned above, obesity might be a cause of PCOD and for the same reason, doctors may advise you to take care of your calorie intake and food habits in general. Statistics prove a direct link between weight loss and betterment in the condition. Hence,
- Maintain a healthy weight
- Limit carbohydrates
2.Medication to regulate your menstrual cycle:
- Combination of birth control pills – Pills containing female sex hormones would balance out your excess male sex hormones. It can set your periods right and, in the process, might help with other symptoms too, like acne. It lowers your risk of getting endometrial cancer also.
- Progestin Therapy – It also aims at regulating your periods and protecting you against endometrial cancer. Progestin therapy does not prevent pregnancy. There are other options if you wish to avoid pregnancy.
3. Medication to help you ovulate:
- Clomiphene – Anti-estrogen medicine (consumed orally)
- Letrozole – To stimulate the ovaries (is a treatment plan)
- Metformin – Improves insulin resistance (consumed orally)
- Gonadotropins – Hormone medication (given injections)
4. Medications to reduce excessive hair growth:
- Birth control pills – These pills decrease the male sex hormonal level which causes hair growth.
- Spironolactone – This medicine acts as a barrier between androgen and your skin and prevents hair growth as it prevents androgen to act on your skin.
- Eflornithine – It is a cream for slowing the growth of facial hair.
- Electrolysis – This is a proper treatment plan and you might need multiple sittings. It inserts a needle to destroy every hair follicle.
5. Homeopathic Approach:
Homeopathy is in no way behind when it comes to granting relief from PCOD symptoms. Here are the top five medicines you could go for if you are suffering from PCOD:
- Graphites – It is best suited for PCOD/PCOS with constipation. It would grant relief by regulating your periods and causing relief from abdomen cramps due to PCOD.
- Lachesis – It is best suited for PCOD/PCOS with an aversion to tight clothes. It is known to help with being intolerant to tight clothes and regulating your periods’ flow and by doing that, decreasing the pain in the abdomen region.
- Sepia – When the individual is suffering from pains in the back and the abdomen region, sepia is advisable to use. There is a “ball” like sensation internally when the medicine kicks in and it is known to relax the pelvic region. Periods become regular.
- Pulsatilla – it is often suited to young girls with whom problems start at puberty. It is known to help with scanty periods.
- Apis Mellifica – Best suited medication for PCOD/PCOS with stinging pains in the ovarian region.
The above-mentioned medicines not only help with physical symptoms inside out but also, help with psychological symptoms.
APIS MELLIFICA AND PCOD?
As magical as it may sound, there have been cases where large-sized ovarian cysts have been removed…. without surgery! I would not leave you thinking, apis mellifica was the medicine used in most of these cases. PCOD/PCOS is all about ovaries and their cysts and apis mellifica could deal with the sole problem. Apis mellifica uses does not seize there and it is also known to deal with a variety of other PCOD related symptoms too. Patients often complain of congestion in the abdomen, apis mellifica can grant relief from that.
DOES HOMEOPATHY WORK?
We just mentioned above that a large ovarian cyst could be removed without surgery or any other intensive treatment just by consuming this medicine so let us get this doubt out of the window but let us look at more reasons to solidify our research.
- Homeopathy has been known to work around a principle of “like cures like.” Let us look at an example to test this claim. Apis mellifica is made from a bee. Bees sting and yet, this medication is all about dealing with pains and inflammation and swelling, etc. especially that stingy pain. So, we can believe this claim and give a fair shot to homeopathy.
- Homeopathy is known to have mild to no side effects at all so you are at peace that while treating one issue you are not sacrificing your health in any other way.
- It is mostly processed extract from plants or other creatures (are organic) they are not only light on your pocket but also, chemical-free.
- As mentioned, homeopathic medicines rarely have severe symptoms, and usage of this medication could allow the patient to have a child and follow through with pregnancy without worrying about birth defects.
As mentioned, multiple times, there are no known side effects of apis mellifica as it is a homeopathic medicine so if we talk about the person consuming the medicine, I do not see a negative.
However, the downside of this medication would be killing bees. Apis mellifica is made from bees and there are no ways bees could be alive after the process. Hence, in this hunt for medication, we might be neglecting our black and yellow and extremely important buzzing friends.
HOW MUCH DILUTION WORKS BEST?
Since every person’s body is different and how it is affected by PCOD is also different, please consult a doctor about the dilution and intake. Dosage aside, dilution should also be checked.
If your body can work with apis mellifica 30, there is no need to hop onto apis mellifica 200 or the other way around. Both medications have the same everything except their dilutions.
Following points can help you with the PCOD overwhelm rush of PCOD:
- If consuming any medication worsens your symptoms or alarm you in any way, rush to your doctor.
- Medicine might contain lactose, sucrose, gluten, etc. Please mention it to the doctor in case you are intolerant or allergic to any substance.
- Medicines should be stored at an optimal temperature of around 25 degrees Celsius to work their best.
- Follow the medication routine provided.
- Most allopathic medication for PCOD might cause birth defects, plan out your pregnancy accordingly to avoid any mishaps.
- When going to get an ultrasound done, drink lots of water till you cannot anymore, it is an instruction you might receive if you don’t follow it already.
- Go for periodic check-ups if you’ve been diagnosed with PCOD.
- Half-knowledge is more dangerous than no knowledge, hence, in case of doubt consult a medical professional.
PCOD would not get any easier as a condition but you could help your body fight it better. In today’s world, there is help in every corner, you just need to look for it. For psychological issues, you could join a support group or therapy. For physiological issues, you have your detailed study mentioned above from homeopathy to injections to hormonal tablets. You aren’t alone and you will be fine.